One of the things we love most about winter is really embracing the concept of Hygge.
Hygge is a Danish word that refers to a feeling of coziness and contentment. It's often associated with enjoying simple pleasures, such as spending time with loved ones, lighting candles, and indulging in comfort foods.
We really think winter is the perfect season for this kind of approach to living.
Top Five Ways for bringing Hygge into your Home:
1. Light beeswax candles just after the sun goes down. Our taper candles are handmade from a beekeeper in Mullimbimby.
2. Drink copious amounts of herbal tea. Moon Mother by Grown Botanicals is our recommendation for healthy skin hair and nails too, much needed nutrition and nourishment during the cooler weather when we all dry out a little.
3. Throw some cozy blankets and pillows on the couch for snuggling under. Our handwoven cotton throws are so cozy.
4. Switch out your skincare for more nourishing deeper hydrating products. Our recommendations are anything from our Wild Rose range, rose being hydrating and skin softening, the Deep Skin Silk and Seabuckthorn Moisturiser by Mabel Jane and our Rose Geranium Hand and Body cream.
5. Regular herbal steams. These are not only amazing for your skin, bringing blood to the surface and clearing pores out but also is incredible for the respiratory system. Try picking lovely fresh herbs from the garden, our top picks are rosemary and sage.
And one more - appreciation. There is so much beauty to behold in winter, focus on the natural world around you. Breathe the crisp air and crunch rusty maple leaves under your feet. A childlike sense of wonder does wonders for your mental wellbeing.